Healthcare technology vendors all begin to sound the same. How does Vital Data Technology differentiate themselves? We believe that healthcare has become too egocentric. Stakeholders procure systems that provide a singular benefit, technology vendors sell point product solutions that are only designed for a single purpose or for an individual benefit. At Vital Data Technology, we provide solutions for those accountable for quality and cost of healthcare, while benefiting all stakeholders that interact with a patient and can affect a positive outcome.
Not only is data siloed in healthcare, but increasingly, systems and solutions are siloed. The solutions are not being leveraged for the greater good of the healthcare ecosystem. At Vital Data Technology, we have broken down the silos of data and we are breaking down the silos of systems, enabling a more productive impact on the healthcare system. Vital Data Technology uses data to provide insight and actionable intelligence through an automated and coordinated interlaced platform of applications.
The Solution: Vital Data Technology’s Platform with CareFlow™ Automation>
While a simple concept, even rudimentary workflows become impractical to implement and manage without the appropriate technology.
The platform is designed to make quality programming practical. Quality initiatives should be built and depend upon sophisticated analysis of patient claims and clinical data from all sites of care to drive optimized care workflows. Whether it is simply identifying basic care activities that trigger specific interventions, or complex, member-specific care coordination activities that involve multiple stakeholders and frequent coordination with the patient, the platform enables a comprehensive set of automated resources and functionality that augment the requisite care flows, making them routine and highly manageable.
Vital believes that the best use of information technology is to seamlessly enhance well-designed workflows by
- using analytics to identify opportunities for improvement
- embedding analytics to automate data-driven steps
- automatically informing, prompting, soliciting actions via the most effective communication means
- automating progression of workflow
- monitoring workflow progress and activities
- triggering care interventions by appropriate stakeholders or new activities based upon responses (or non-response)
- generating dashboards and reports that provide feedback about workflow activities
The platform presents next generation, cloud-based services for data capturing, processing, reporting, application deployment, omni-directional communications and analysis. The platform’s architecture and infrastructure supports:
- member care data gathering, processing, storage from all available sites of care including: claims, clinical, PBM, laboratories, case management notes
- data analytics and reporting, including score-carding and dashboards
- bi-directional, rules-driven automated communications to all stakeholders across the entire care continuum
- open-ended scalability and expandability
- rules-driven business process automation
- embedded, predictive analytics
- networked data communication services
- user-specific applications development, deployment and management
Having all the data, then converting it to information that is useful and appropriate, is only part of the challenge. Delivering it to the right stakeholders, at the right time, through the most appropriate channels, to affect the desired action, is critical. The platform excels at managing communication between and among all stakeholders. Whether it is a directed message or a broadcast message to multiple recipients initiated by an algorithm that routes it through different media, soliciting and monitoring prescribed actions, the platform has enormous capabilities to meet the specific needs of its clients:
- Synchronous and Asynchronous messaging
- Email, messaging, application to application (other)
- Mobile application (both Android and IOS)
- Auditable record of communication history
- HIPAA compliant
Reporting & Analytics
The platform’s report library offers more than the standard set of reports you would expect for reviewing and monitoring patient care history (e.g., HEDIS®, disease/care management…). We capture a broader set of patient data and have accumulated experience with our clients who have tapped into the broader database. This enables us to offer reports that provide a complete and up-to-date summary of patient care activity, detail progress of care based upon algorithms this helps providers become more efficient and effective, increasing their revenue.
Our quality, operational and financial reports include:
- Medication Compliance and utilization
- Case Management
- Pediatric Quality Indicators
- Disease Management
- Utilization Metrics
We are continually adding to the report library, utilizing client requests that have helped define useful analytics from the Platform’s data. Appropriate presentation and application of analytical results are critical. Accordingly, we offer a range of outputs to optimize usefulness:
- Automated notifications,
- Alerts and requests for action
Population Health Management
Population health management is fundamental to the transformation of healthcare delivery. For the provider, this means knowing what's going on with all their patients and taking action automatically to achieve the best outcomes.
Integration and automation of all care data from across all sites of care, combined with the ability to practically engage all stakeholders and patients, is essential to population health management AND a core capability of the Vital Affinity platform.
Because we continuously collect, organize and present all obtainable patient activity histories from all sites of care for the managed population, the Platform has the most complete profiles available for each patient’s care, and, more importantly, gaps in care.
To make this information accessible and “practical”, the Platform enables applications and rules-driven automated communication workflows. This means it initiates and manages communications and data flow between appropriate stakeholders (e.g. patient, primary care, case managers…) based upon client-defined criteria or algorithms. Communications are bi-directional and can be delivered through the user-specific applications, e-mails, or text messaging. These communications take the form of alerts, notifications, updates and requests. Based upon the workflow, the recipient may need to reply, acknowledge or take specific actions, with the entire communication thread documented in the patient profile by the Platform. According to the needs of clients, these automated workflows can manage complex communications between multiple participants managing a series of interactions.
Even the most complex patient population management activities can be simplified and more easily managed through the Platform.
Partnerships that affects change.
We have been using the Platform to help clients solve complex and important problems, far beyond our original engagements. We provide expert services that work with clients to develop effective solutions that leverage the capabilities of the Platform. In addition to a continuously expanding set of general applications and reports for the plans, providers and patients, the Platform offers unmatched capabilities and responsiveness to develop and deploy new, client-specific applications, reports and actions to complement and enable new initiatives.
It is our goal to ensure our clients realize the full potential of their data across their continuum of care through the Platform, to help them exceed their goals in quality improvement and cost reduction.
What this means for your plan
- Improve HEDIS® scores
- Improved Primary Care Physician engagement
- Provider HEDIS® incentive initiatives
- ER utilization improvement
- Coordinated outreach between hospital and plan case managers
- Enable and enhance disease specific collaboration
- Improve medication compliance
- Improve Provider Engagement -Provider Score Carding
- Improved Patient Engagement through Mobile App
- Resolve physician “not my patient” issues